WLAN Embedded Software Engineer
Hyderabad, India Location:
May 28th, 2018 Posted On:
WLAN Embedded Software Engineer is responsible for delivering high quality software in a timely manner. He/she will be part of a dynamic team that defines, architects, develops and releases the software targeting Internet of things.
- Understanding the architecture, develop, test, debug and release a quality software
- Development of WLAN/BT/BLE drivers
- Embedded system design with real time operating systems.
- Perform Unit testing and System Integration testing
- Integrate and test communication protocols TCP/IP, 802.11 ac/a/b/g/n, 802.15 (Bluletooth)
- Integrate and test connectivity using relevant applications Ex: iPerf/chariot etc
- Maintenance of software/drivers including feature enhancement, bug fixing, optimizing and testing.
- Code optimization
- Port the APIs to various Microcontroller platforms
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in an engineering discipline (e.g. Computers/Electrical/Electronics/Telecom Engineering or equivalent)
- Minimum 2 or more years of industry experience in software development in embedded systems for consumer/automotive/Telecom/Medical industry
Required Skills and Experience:
- Excellent skills in C Programming in an embedded environment
- Strong Knowledge on Microcontrollers
- Strong embedded system programming and debugging skills.
- Hands on experience on WLAN/BT &TCP/IP, HTTP(S), ICMP, DHCP protocol stacks.
- Good knowledge of current WiFi systems and standards including 802.11a,b,g,n, any additional knowledge of 802.11ac is a plus.
- Experience with Wireless/Network Security protocols.
- Enterprise Security testing (security:802.1x, Radius Authentication, WPA2, etc)
- Hands on experience in interface protocols SDIO/USB/SPI/UART/I2C/PCM/PCI/I2S
- Knowledge of Wi-Fi and BT sniffers and related tools Ex: Wireshark, Omnipeek
- Experience in handling logic analyzers, CRO, spectrum analyzer, power meter, network analyzers.
- Scripting experience like python/shell is an added advantage.
- Familiarity with SDLC and typical processes for development and testing, release management.
- Experience in usage of tools for development, testing, bug tracking, config management, build etc.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.