Hardware Engineer is expected to understand the specification and contribute in the architecture, design and development of a product. He/she will capture schematics considering industry standards, contribute in part selection, analyze and participate in design reviews. Upholding of hardware design standards and methodologies.
- Participate in hardware architecture design.
- Develop the block diagram and schematics based on the requirement specification.
- Develop reference designs and application specific boards
- Helping the Lab technicians while populating new boards.
- Thoroughly test the populated PCB before delivering it to the software team.
- Work with software teams and help in speeding up the board bring up activity.
- Optimize the BOM as and when required by the engineering team.
- Review customer schematics and PCB layout.
- Understand the BOM and optimize the BOM by finding alternates and manage component obsolescence throughout its lifecycle.
- Black box analysis and perform failure analysis with strong evidential document.
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's or Masters degree in an engineering discipline (e.g. Computers/Electrical/Electronics/Telecom Engineering or equivalent)
- Minimum 4 or more years of industry experience in hardware engineering for consumer/automotive/Telecom/Medical industry.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Hardware Designing, hardware debugging and strong hardware analysis skills.
- Ability to understand complex circuits and ability to select the right part for the right application.
- Hands on experience in Tools like Keil/Electronics Workbench/Eagle PCB/Orcad/Protel/Vector-CANoe/Xilinx/Altera Quartus/Mentor Graphics or any other schematics tools.
- High speed boards design experience.
- Experience in handling multi layer boards and black box debugging.
- Experience in managing BOM and maintain the same for internal reference and clarification.
- Hands on experience in using the tools like CRO, Logic analyzer, Power meter, spectrum analyzer etc.
- Estimate system power budget and ability to design a battery operated system.
- Hand on experience in performing board bring up and validation.
- Experience in Performing system level compliance tests and safety tests like FCC, IC, ETSI and CE is an added advantage.
- RF and antenna design expertise is an added advantage.
- Good communication skills.